Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Beautiful words to contemplate and live by...

I've recently come across a few words of wisdom I would like to share that have made a big impact on me. The first, a Guatemalan Proverb, was on a birthday card I just received. The second is a quote from Beverly Sills I found in one of my mother's journals. The third passage, by the Dalai Lama, I crossed paths with as it flew through my G+ stream:

"Everyone is the age of their heart"
~Guatemalan Proverb~

"One of the qualities that separate
us two-legged animals from the
four-legged ones is compassion.
It is what makes us stand up tall
instead of crawling about on all
fours. And standing up tall is
what frees our arms to reach
out to a fellow being and say 'Let
me help you'."
~Beverly Sills~

"Every one of us is getting older, which is a natural process. Time is constantly moving on, second by second. Nothing can stop it, but what we can do is use our time properly; that is in our hands. Whether we believe in a spiritual tradition or not, we need to use our time meaningfully. If over days, weeks, months and years, we have used our time in a meaningful way - when our last day comes, we'll be happy, we'll have no regrets.
~Dalai Lama~

Many Smiles!
Happy Creating!!
CARPÉ DIEM!!!

Christine :D

No comments: